Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Hong Kong 2023 . July 25 (Day 7)

 


Our last full day in Hong Kong which we don’t have plans since I think we already somehow maximized our stay.


Though I think we skipped a part of Hong Kong that shouldn’t be which is Central.  


We haven’t been to Central so that’s where we go and chill for our last day. 


Decided to give my feet some break from wearing shoes so I decided to wear my Birkenstock which at some point scares the shit out me because I forgot how fast the escalator at MTR stations and the horror stories of escalators haunts me. Haha 


This day is one reason why we are in Hong Kong, Gem wanted to be away for Tita Bing’s birthday and we were supposed to celebrate it by buying cake and just chill. 


Left TST by 12noon which is a bad idea without having breakfast or lunch going to Central because it is really hard sometimes to look a place where to eat. Found Iron Cow Taiwan but then somehow we realized that we don’t have cash anymore and our Octopus card is running low so we have to exchange again my last peso. So bad idea because we haven’t eaten yet and I can’t think straight. Haha 





Finally after looking for an hour, we found a cute place called “2 Cafe” remind me so much of a diner movie scene. 


Saw the Central-mid-level-escalator but we didn’t explore more again, because of the summer heat. 


We just went to another mall and decided to go to the station and just go back to Gateway (Harbour City) just when I thought we saw it all, I missed the part of that mall where Dr. Martens store is located and I just found out when I’m already back home. 


Went back to Donki just to chill but Gem is so tired that she wants to go back and rest at our room it was 4PM. I went with her and then also rested a bit and I’m so game to push this last day and not waste any time to at least explore more so I went out alone.


Saw that famous ice cream truck but I don’t have small bill so I just passed by on my way to Avenue of Stars to chase that sunset which unfortunately was on the other side of the island but it was still a beautiful scenery. 


That alone time somehow fucked my feelings and emotions. (Maybe for a separate post for the realizations). 


Thankful that we were able to survive another adventure after that lockdown for years. 


Very much thankful to a week of no stress. 


Just love having that alone time with a beautiful view. It doesn’t usually happen because there’s no easy access for a beautiful skyline just to have such life realization.


And just when I about to break down, someone reminds me that she’s always there. Thank you, Lulu. <3 


Gem messaged me that she’s already awake and rested she got lost track of time she thought that is was still early but my alone time isn’t over yet so I said we meet outside by 8PM.


I went to K11 Musea looking for Five Guys. Haha saw that in Macau but wasn’t able to see it in Central and since we are still going to have dinner I just ordered a Strawberry Milkshake. One more reason to go back is to try their burgers. 


Went around the mall while having my milk shake. 


Tried that Nike that I want but I still refuse to buy and I even forgot to take picture when I was trying it on.  


Met Gem before getting our deposit back so we can have dinner again at V&B Cuisine then told here I’ll buy chocolates at Donki and drop by SASA and before going back to our room I insist we should try the ice cream from that famous ice cream truck. 


Packed our things and alarm at 3AM for flight back home. 


My Photographs: Hong Kong 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment