Thursday, September 07, 2023

Hong Kong 2023 . July 20 (Day 2)

Slept by 10pm the night before but my problem when I’m sleeping that early I tend to wake up on unexpected hours at night. Yes I’m tired but I woke up at 2am and I can’t sleep easily after so I just watched some YouTube videos for me to fall asleep again. 


Got no plans still for today and it is weird to not plan anything but I somehow like it. Gem still doesn’t feel 100% okay and I’m not really sure why. She got body ache because of that escalator incident, maybe on her sleeping position or maybe on how cold the place where we are staying. I made her buy meds for her cough but how can it be effective if we drink Coke most days. 


The reason why we can’t really plan much is because they say that there will be another typhoon but in reality it’s still in the Philippines that time and Hong Kong will be super sunny on the next days. 


I’m fully aware that Hong Kong is known for its tiny spaces but having so much stuff on your bathroom is a different story. Like different kind of shampoo, conditioner, soaps and cleaning materials but you don’t have a tissue or a proper clear top to use in the mean time is another story. Despite of that, I survive taking a bath while sitting on the toilet the whole time thankful for a high pressure water also that bathroom doesn’t have a lock. 


I can do tiny living just without too much clutter. 


Since we don’t have proper plans today and since we can’t plan much because Gem is still not feeling 100% okay, I decided we do go to Mong Kok where we will not be changing train lines. I honestly don’t want to do Mong Kok first because it’s just our 2nd day and we still have much attractions to go to and Macau. I don’t want to spend money yet if ever I saw something that I want. I’m only eyeing a few sneakers like the Nike Air Rift, an Ultraboost and maybe something new to my eyes if ever. Unfortunately, Mong Kok for me is hyped unless you will really buy multiple pairs of sneakers and you are looking for something specific it is still much cheaper in Manila and maybe in Zalora. 


It was still so hot in Hong Kong so we always enter any establishment with aircon and we enter one building that looks like a small mall with small spaces for store and found some restaurant / food court at the basement. I’m surprised that there are tons of Japanese restaurants in Hong Kong and you can get sushi everywhere. 


We decided to eat at Iron Cow Taiwan and until on our 2nd day we still compare Hong Kong to Taiwan on how much we really enjoyed Taiwan and I know it is too early to compare. I enjoyed how the system on IronCow is, so they assigned your table to a specific QR code where you can see the full menu and put your order in, no contact and you will not be bothered if they can’t fully speak English. After you lock in your order it will just be brought in to your table then upon exiting you will bring that mini clip board with your table number so they will know what you ordered then you pay. I love that idea and I love Iron Cow! 


After eating we decided to walk around Mong Kok and I saw a grocery where there’s bunch of chocolates and saw a favorite of mine, Nestle’s Aero in dark and milk peppermint. Yay! I bought 3 bars but I should’ve bought more. 





I somehow can’t understand that all street in Mong Kok is selling the same sneakers and maybe same price. Enlighten me if you know the logic on it. Not sure if where we walk is the Lady’s Market where Gem was able to buy a strap for her watch. 


Since we can’t find a good deal in Mong Kok upon researching Kwun Tong is also an option for outlets. 


Apparently we just went there for the Adidas outlet and found 2 more stores beside it. Didn’t still found a cheap pair of sneakers specifically the one that I’m eyeing. 



Upon returning to the station, we bought sushi for dinner then Gem spotted it at first but I didn’t there’s a Hot-Star and I didn’t to hesitate to buy one even I’m not hungry yet. 


I honestly forgot what exit to take so we exit on a different part of Whampoa where there’s a mall and when I first saw Donki which I regret not buying chocolates. Lol


I’m not sure if Gem is feeling more okay after walking for hours. I just don’t want to waste time being in there but I also can’t leave her alone on that room where we are currently staying. 


We went back after that and the sisters suggest for us to transfer so we can be comfortable with our situation most especially after another person is about to stay on that room starting tonight. 


I’m no expert but cheaper place and some privacy will be a luxury after that unfortunate event. Saw one that is less than 10,000php on Chungking Mansion and didn’t hesitate and booked it right away and we are leaving the “boarding house” tomorrow. 


That night I can’t sleep knowing that tomorrow will be somewhat kind of freedom even it is a hassle to do. 


Lesson: never ever be dependent on someone you know if they don’t care about giving you privacy. Never ever depend on someone who you don’t really know


My Photographs: Hong Kong 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment