Sunday, September 10, 2023

Hong Kong 2023 . July 23 (Day 5)

 We checked in at Chungking Mansion on Friday and upon that time we were told that our room is scheduled for disinfection on Sunday morning so we have to pack again and leave our things at the other block. 


That is also one reason why we rest early the day before and while we rest, we pack and plan for the next day. 


Since our room will be cleaned we have to plan on what will we do on Sunday. 


After a tiring day on Ocean Park, I also don’t want to go to Macau on a Sunday but it is also a wrong idea to go to Tung Chung on a Sunday but we got no other day already for it so no choice. 


I don’t plan to shop since I knew that the pricing is the same in Manila and there’s nothing special on the products in Hong Kong maybe except for the chocolates but with shoes, nah. I’m not a sneaker head but I’m also aware of the good and the bad or what’s in or not. 


We arrived at Tung Chung early that the stores aren’t open yet and I was surprised as they are just there right at the exit of the MTR station. I don’t plan to shop but good to see what specific stores are in there. We looked for the food central because we haven’t had breakfast yet and we ate at Pepper Lunch. I regret not eating at any restaurant with Michelin stars this time because we were able to do that in Taiwan. 


While eating we also decided that since we are already there to go to Ngong Ping 360 I booked just then and good thing I booked with Klook because the lines were crazy if you don’t have ticket yet and I just booked the standard one because the crystal one is a bit pricey for 2 people that will never be able to go solo on the cable car and the line for the crystal one is longer too. 




I’m amazed how we get to the other side of the mountain or island by cable car. Saw the Big Buddha right away and I’m ready to go up there but I can’t with the summer heat. I will be back to go up to that Big Buddha and the stairs remind me of Batu Caves in Malaysia. 


We also went back to Tung Chung by cable car again and good thing there’s no longer lines going back. Even we sacrificed Disneyland, we plan to still go there since you can stay outside where the arch is and the fountain. After Tung Chung we go straight to Disneyland to just take pictures and feel the vibe but the people who are already going home are cute to see most especially those tired kids who are wearing costumes after a full day at the park. One more reason why we will be back in Hong Kong is because of Disneyland. 





It just so good to sit there outside and feel the vibe but I don’t regret not pushing Disneyland since I really enjoyed Ocean Park and we won’t probably enjoy Disneyland because of the summer heat. One more reason is that the Frozen theme will be opening late this year. 


We are back at Tsim Sha Tsui by 6PM and the sun is still up. I researched and this time we exit at (I forgot where exactly) but it leads us to Canton Road and we explored that side of TST and just roam at Gateway. Bought that lululemon bum bag that I’m eyeing because I also just want something from Hong Kong since I will not be able to buy shoes or any footwear. 


Ate at Cafe de Coral near Chungking Mansion before getting our bags and settled again for the next days. We rested early because tomorrow we will be going to Macau! 


My Photographs: Hong Kong 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment