Saturday, May 07, 2022

UAAP S84 . Basketball then #PASAYisPINK

April 23 2022

Half of the games during 1st round of UAAP S84 Men’s Basketball didn’t have the 6th man for the reason that the players are in bubble. Until April 5th when they welcomed the 6th man into the scene and if you are not a fan you will never know how exited we are when it was announced. Schedule of the game for the 1st round was released in full maybe a week before the first game day. 


We did got April 9 which was a Saturday that’s why we are able to finally watched live again and that was the last game day for the 1st round. After the last game of April 9, 2nd round schedule was released as well and April 23 is the only date that we can watch once again since it’s a Saturday and that is the only game that we are scheduled for 7pm game. I’m loving that 7pm game time not until it is hard to look for a restaurant to eat after the game and the late night commute. 


Holy week weekend is already set for the Brobabes (April 16)


April 9 - I haven’t seen my friends for so long and we haven’t had that “politics” talk on our chat that I wonder who are their rooting for except for Lhea who’s been very vocal on Twitter and I do RT’s political stuff too so if you see it, you already know. 


While we are catching up that afternoon, I was so hesitant to ask Gem who she’s supporting and I’m glad that we are in the same side that they are just silent because of work. 


It was a relief to be honest then we were able to talk about it during that late dinner with Kit and we encourage him to vote as well. 


So glad that I proved that we are all on the same side. 


April 15 - Someone posted that the rally of VP Leni will be in Macapagal on April 23rd and it is already final. 


I asked Gem if we will go straight to the rally after since we are already in the area. I was just worried that it will end up early since our game will be by 7pm and most likely to finish by 9pm. 


April 16 - Brobabes in Tagaytay and we were able to talk about it until we separate ways the next day. 


April 23 - Just like when I woke up that morning of April 9, that day just need to happen for me to tell this story. 


Left the house a little early but the way to MRT is way too long, traffic is so bad! 


When we arrived at MRT Shaw, there are already people who are wearing pink that they’re on their way already to Macapagal. 


I can’t explain to you what I felt that time. I didn’t attend on some rallies nearby for some reason and I just can’t believe that we will be able to finally attend one. 


~





UAAP - Tickets now are divided to 2 games and since our game will be at 7pm, we can enter MOA Arena by 3pm after the morning games. 


Dap and I ate lunch and while we are roaming around MOA mostly people are wearing pink. Some parked at MOA so they will be really in the mall. 


There is a different feeling when you are surrounded by fellow kakampink. 


Gem and I already planned to wear pink during game since some are already doing it and the game before ours will be UP vs DLSU. 


When she arrived in MOA Arena, she’s almost teary eyed with what she witnessed on the way to MOA. Thankful for Joyride, she arrived on time as well. 


We entered MOA Arena, change our shirt to pink and good thing we didn’t wear it first since it was also so hot that day. We both commute so extra shirts are a must sometimes. 


We made it to the game during half time and we are surrounded with people who you will never know who they are supporting because mostly are wearing pink. You will just identify them when they started cheering. We cheered for UP, of course and UP won. 

 

Our game will be with UE and even at some point we already know what will be the result of that game, we still watched since we don’t know when we will be able to watch live again since we might not be able to make it to Final 4. We are also free so why not and since the schedule was released early, we can make a way to free the said date which are also weekend. 


FEU won against UE .


There are only few people watching that game and upon the end of the game, someone approached us if she can interview us and I will be gladly to refuse but Gem said yes. Haha

She said that it will just be a short one where it will be shown on the halftime for the next game of FEU. It was just an introduced yourself, what school you’re supporting, when did you became a fan, why do you watch live and message to the players.


I waited for it on the said game and it was a short one and nothing to be ashamed of. So far no one mentioned that they saw me on TV and it was an early game so who really watches that. HAHA 


Our game ended early like before 9pm and after the game we went straight to Macapagal.



PASAY IS PINK - I was really worried that it will end up early and we will not be able to hear VP speak but we made it. YAY! 


We are not really there the whole day unlike all those people but I think it is safe to say that I belong to that 400,000++ people who came that day. 


I was hesitant to really attend one rally before this since if I will be there I want to finish the whole thing and I don’t know anyone that is willing to do that. I can’t trust myself to be on the venue as well as early as you needed to be just to be in front. I worry that I will not make it throughout the day since my bladder and the weather might betrayed me. I don’t even know anyone before that is very game to stay until it is over. 


I worry a lot when rallies are starting, there is this anxiety in me that I really can’t explain as well. Sometimes I prepare myself if I will be attending one like what to bring and what to wear just in case I change my mind. 


It was just a perfect timing when Pasay was schedule on the same day that we will be watching a basketball game. 


I didn’t tell anybody until we got there because the real agenda for that day was UAAP game. 


UAAP first then Pasay rally. 


I’m so glad that even there are few screen at the back as well as the audio was a little messed up, we were able to listen to VP live. That we are able to catch up even for an hour or so since I’m also hopeful that it will get extended since there are lots of artist who will perform or talk and it’s a special day because it is also the birthday of VP Leni. 


Politics is one thing that I don’t want to post in this blog but I’m giving this one an exception. I’m still battling myself if I will post anything about it or not. 



After the rally, we waited for Gem’s friends and we look for a place to eat and after that I don’t really worry that we will not be able to get home since buses are always available not until I realized that it was already 1am and MOA closed hours ago. 


We’re stranded in Macapagal for some time. We tried booking a car via app but nothing. No buses as well. Last source was Facebook and we decided to sleep at Gem’s and just go home the next day. 



It was a very tiring day. 

It is easy to complain but I enjoyed it somehow. 

It was a new experience after being locked up at home for years. 


I’m also glad that I was able to attend a rally. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment