Thursday, August 15, 2019

Baguio 2019 . Day 1


Left the house by 12mn and I thought it will be easy to get a jeepney by that time and I'm somehow wrong but I was able to ride one. 

My friends booked a Joybus on Genesis and our time of departure is at 2:30am. It's so perfect that by the time we get to Baguio it will be morning. One full day not wasted. 

I was nervous with long bus ride since I'm not into it but I haven't been throwing up for a while now so I guess traveling is okay. And I know my body now so I know what my capabilities are. 

And after a whole day at work, I'm sure will be sleeping on the bus. 

Joybus was okay since it's safe and pre-booked by everyone unless it wasn't full but there's no stopover. At first I was having a hard time sleeping but I did okay and woke up with a mountain view and a sunrise. I love road trips. 

I'm looking forward for this trip for so many reasons. Of course it will be my second trip with this bunch of college friends next to the trip in Olongapo for Faith's wedding. Though this is different it's just really a vacation trip with them for the first time ever. 

I'm also excited to be in Baguio that I can remember since the last time was maybe 16 years ago? And I wasn't able to remember it clearly except for the creepy one.

There's so much to look forward to this trip. There's no stress about it too I just have to be with them for the rest of the trip and wherever we can go and whatever we can do. We have plans though and we were able to accomplish it anyway. 

So when we get there it was maybe almost 7am and we ate at KFC and wait until 9am for our check in. 

Baguio is surely over populated and no it wasn't that cold when we were there. I'm just glad that it didn't rain and we were able to see the beauty of it. 

So we rest after checking in and sleep and went out about 3pm. First on the list eat, and I suggested Grumpy Joe and I'm happy that they liked it. You can never go wrong with Grumpy Joe. Luckily it was Thursday, no lines. I wish I saw Ben, Mich and Vera, tho. Haha. 

Next was Mines View Park. I'm really aware on the places but not on where it is and on how it looks like in person since pictures can be deceiving as always. Now I can say that I can remember it already and had a strawberry taho, maybe a first. 

Then they bought pasalubong. Patay. Haha I told my mom prior to the trip that I will not brought pasalubong. Somehow a challenge since I went over during Taiwan trip and I want to change that as well as to challenge myself not even a ref magnet. Lol and I'm happy to announce that I was able to accomplish it. No pasalubong!!

After that we went back to our Airbnb and then out again to SM Baguio though the other part of SM is under renovation. 

Hans just need to bought some thing at SM and I'm surprised that they got really good stuff in there. 

Next on the list is Baguio Brewery. Aiza wanted to try it and we were game for it. Too bad I'm more of a commercial beer than a craft one. No mojito either so just settled for a normal juice. 

We went back to our Airbnb and we bought San Mig Apple just because. Hehe. 

Goodnight Baguio! 


My Photographs: Baguio

No comments:

Post a Comment