Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Year End.

 


Since I wasn’t able to do a birthday post this year, it will just be a year-end post. 


How to start remembering this year. 


January - seems so long ago but I was able to ... I’m really not sure what happened that time. Lol wait, Gem and I hang out once that month and I had my pitch perfect moment. Haha We are somehow planning trips by January.


February - another month that was so fast but I was able to hangout with Gem and Keith for the first and last time this year. 


March to December - everything was cancelled and we are ordered to stay home. If you are reading this, we survived. I'm in full stress since then. 


How come we are already just few hours away from 2021 that we were able to survive 2020? Let’s be honest that it wasn’t the year we all expected. Every plan was cancelled and everything changed. 


Probably the few things I loved during lockdown even all of us struggle in so many ways is that we were able to spend time with family. I’m sorry if your environment at home is a toxic one though I wish you were also be able to have time for yourself. 


I love that the nature healed at some point and I thought that somehow in the near future, we should really have a lockdown just for the nature to heal. 


Nothing new but I worried so much this year than the past year. 


I was able to baked a lot too. Tried different cooking as well and I tell you that there are also failures. Hehe but I enjoyed it. 


Got a quick date in the middle of all of these. 


Got my Lasik done 


Doubted myself more than the past years as well. 


I was tired a lot too but thankful that I’m still here. 


The screen on my Macbook isn't working for almost 6 months and it made me buy a TV


I built a smart room during pandemic


Online shopping is the answer for not being able to go to the mall. Though I already appreciate buying online ever since because you can just type away what you are looking for than wasting time at the mall. One thing I like about malls is that I can walk for hours


Thankful we have a house that I already feel safe even without this virus. 


So sorry for extroverts that were stuck at home for so long but introverts are very happy. Don't get me wrong I also miss being able to travel from hometown to MOA just because Gem have free time for me even on a weekday. 


I miss my solo travel to the city just because I’m so exhausted with hometown. 


In the middle of this year even though it wasn't even that noticeable, I somehow feared that I will not be able to do the things that I want to do personally but somehow I did it and here we are. 


Nikka gave birth and I still wasn't able to visit them and we didn't even got to celebrate our birthdays. 


Going back to March when Lhea was supposed to be back home from the UK but a week before her flight it was lockdown all over the world. We were supposed to be in La Union and Baguio and maybe a Palawan trip as well. Speaking of Palawan, it was somehow a plan to be there for the end of the year. 


Of course who knows where Gem and I was during summer vacation. Maybe I already did a solo travel if not because of the pandemic. 


I was planning to buy an Avril Lavigne concert ticket last minute. Who knows who were the artist that we were supposed to see this year. Maybe I was able to be reunited with my sisiw friends. Hehe. I miss you guys. 


Maybe another solo trip watching UAAP basketball. Who would have been the champion this year. I miss wearing that Green and Gold shirt and cheer for the team. 


There was supposed to be another trip with my college friends for a follow up to our La Union - Baguio trip. Scammers needs to unite. Haha


Two of my friends in college got their license as doctors this year and we weren't able to celebrate. Congrats Doc Ariane and Doc Doni!!! Miss you!


I miss having long talks with friends, I know there’s social media but let us all admit that being there at the moment having beer or coffee is so much different and much better. 


This pandemic somehow really teach us to be by ourself and family or to whoever you are with at home but really most especially is to appreciate yourself and life. 


I haven't mentioned that I got another tattoo this year. Somehow planning to add more before summer next year. 


Speaking of summer, I miss being at the beach witnessing that sky, sunset, sunrise and the ocean. I'm considering to go back to Boracay. 


Gem teased me already that I might be in Palawan every weekend if this is over. Seeing Amelia and Grace grow up and probably they don't know me once I get back there. I miss the extended family I got there. I miss Tita Bing too. This also includes Donita and Tita Nits. 


I'm somehow sure that I watched all of Brian Barczyk vlogs this year. 


I'm still on a success maintaining my usage of Facebook up to this year. 


Since we can't travel, you will notice the theme of the photos on my phone mostly the dogs.


I have an undercut for almost 6 months now. I also didn't dye my hair for so long that I just went back to it by October. 


Lost my grandma last August but not with the virus. Happy to announce as of this moment no one on my close friends and family got the virus. 


I cried a lot as well.


As if people will believe that I somehow really fought for them but it was beyond my control. 


In the pandemic we should really not depend on others but know that we are responsible for ourselves as well. 


I stopped reading books that I wasn't able to join the book club for so long because of my anxiety and lack of time for that. I wish I was able to read at least 10 books but it was just 5 this year so hopefully there will be some courage in me to read again next year. 


I somehow wasn't able to catch up on a lot of things since everything is online now because I got a life outside of the internet and I somehow don't trust it. 


I was able to not write and write some of my feelings over this year as well. There are some personal notes that I didn't even hold back what I wanted to say. The times where I don't write is that I'm avoiding too much feelings and I don't want to ugly cry that moment. I escape more this year because of much more concerns and responsibilities. 


I watch movies with family sometimes. That was our bonding moment. 


My laptop is already at 27% of battery and I'm not planning to charge it anymore since I just want to finish this and scheduled it for midnight since I will also be spending time with family. 


Maybe even I wasn't able to mention a lot of things, its good to back read my monthly post. 


One thing is for sure we are so ready to move on from 2020 that somehow ruined us but at the same time makes us stronger that we never thought it was possible. 


This pandemic will probably not be gone when the clock struck 12 midnight of 2021 but for all of us that is a sign of hope for not giving up even it was so hard and very uncertain year. Never in our lifetime we expect such event but as we are all experiencing this may we also still prepare for the worst because who knows but never lose your hope and faith. 


Live in the moment. 


Appreciate the little things. 


Have more patience, be open minded and accept the changes. 


Pandemic might not be a valid excuse for others but please be aware that we are still in the after effect and still might take some time for us to be back to the normal that we use to have. 


Thank you for the artists that still continue to release music that saves us this year even without tours. Please special appreciation for Taylor Swift. 


Thank you for all the people who greeted me on Facebook despite of me not seeing it as well as the few on the Messenger. Haha. Know that I don't have much time for that shit hole. 


Stay healthy and safe. 


Hopefully we can be back out there gain doing the things we love to do and hobbies without worrying so much


One day we will also be free of face mask and shields. 


Hopefully a little bit more better than 2020. 


I don't want to talk politics on this platform but we were really in a bad governance this year. 


~~~


Stay safe. 


Happy New Year! 


12.31.2020 / 


No comments:

Post a Comment