Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Taiwan 2019 . Day 6

Day 6 - May 8, 2019

Since the weather is very unpredictable, I told Gem the night before that if it's raining and Taipei 101 will not be in full show, we will not go to try Elephant mountain. If we can see the full 101 then we will go to Elephant mountain. We alighted at the Xiangshan Station and we are thankful that Taipei 101 wasn't shy that day. Although there's still clouds sometimes but it was just passing and it makes photos and few videos amazing. 

Since we are already there and 101 is visible and it wasn't raining, we search for the trail of Elephant mountain. Just when you exit the station, there's already a park. I love parks to be honest and I'm so jealous we don't have much in here. 

On our 5th day and the blister on my feet is growing. It was very challenging during walks. Thankful that Gem always wait for me but taking pictures are usually one reason why I walk slow. Haha. I'm still not prepared on the long walks during travels (lesson learned as always). Though it was also raining so I don't want to slip while walking (another reason why I walk slow). Lol

After Batu Caves, I thought I can conquer everything but I was wrong. Elephant mountain killed me. I was slow because it was slippery for sure and my legs plus blisters are dying. Hahaha. We didn't went up to where the stones are but I did on the first platform where you can take photos. Stayed there for a while to catch up on my breath and for my heart rate to be normal before going back down. I told Gem that I'll wait for her if ever she wanted to go along but she didn't since she wasn't prepared for an emergency hike. Hehe. 



Taipei 101 was beautiful up there and my photos are shit. Hahaha. 

I'm not sure how many steps I did there but if you think you can't do it then don't do it but if I can with no practice and have blisters on feet then you can do it but not advisable for the elders. Hehe. 

After Elephant mountain we went back to Ximen for lunch and a very last minute shopping. We went back to our hotel by 5pm then left at 6pm. 

Even with so many pasalubong and our hands are full, we were still able to travel from our hotel to the Taipei Main Station up to the airport with a breeze and not thinking if we will get wet from the rain or anyone that will be bumping us or whatever negative it can happen while walking with so much. I love their transportation system. 

We stayed at the food court ate some heavy dinner, returned the WiFi device then waited for our check-in counters to be open and of course on boarding. Our flight was before 2am but we were delayed for 30 minutes to 1 hour. By that time we just wanted to be on the plane and sleep. 

Back in Manila by 5am. 
Hello Manila air, traffic and reality. 


My Photographs: Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment