Saturday, June 08, 2019

Taiwan 2019 . Day 2

Day 2 - May 4, 2019

Northern Tour with Klook. (Yehliu Geopark, Jioufen and Shifen) 

Ate Joy suggested this trip and book with Bus A which leave the meet up location by 8:30am. Unfortunately this tour is not just one bus so we are set in two different groups but that's okay and mostly who booked the trip was all Filipino. Haha Just to start with the 1hr drive from Ximen to Yehliu, the mountain that was so green its just, wow. 

Our tour guide was Mr. Cheng and he was so nice. First was Yehliu Geopark, and I already purchased entrance ticket to it via Klook too. I'm not sure with other group tours but Mr. Cheng just give us ample time to roam around the area though the Geopark is huge, one hour is not enough and the weather wasn't that cooperating since it was about to rain. People lied when they say it was hot, It was freaking cold and it was by the ocean! Well I also think that we are lucky that we experience a colder weather than what we have in Manila. 19 to 22 degrees are better than 29 to 34! 

Yehliu Geopark was so nice to photograph but with lots of tourists, it's hard to capture nice photos but I hope I took a nice ones. The ocean on the other hand is very beautiful and makes me want to swim. Lol the crashing waves was so inviting. 

Even we are on a different bus with Ate Joy and Rai we were able to meet there and took some group photos. 



Next was Jiufen. Ahh why is it hard to go back in there? Or maybe I just thought that it was hard? Lol but it was too far. I love that place and they say it was cheaper there. I wish we were able to shop but how can you blame us? It was just our 2nd day and I'm not yet thinking of shopping. Hehe. 

We ate on a Japanese / Vietnamese / Chinese restaurant and we had one of the best Xiao Long Bao and Spring Rolls. The view was mesmerizing with all the green mountain. 

We also ate a cheesy shrimp on a stick and a huge-bite-size squid that was so chewy and really huge for a bite-size street food. It was yummy but we also had just our heavy lunch. I really love Taiwan and their never ending street foods. 

Next was Shifen. 

Our first stop was the Waterfalls then the Lanterns. 

I haven't seen a real waterfalls in so long and I'm happy we did see it. Lol at Gem's photo that look like the one framed up on houses. Hahaha. It was really nice and cold too. I wish we can swim though. 

We didn't want to fly Lanterns for some reason. Gem don't want because it just went down and it's bad for mother nature. While I on the other hand, watch a video about the fallen sky lanterns. One group collects the fallen lanterns on mountain or on the other side of it and they said that it was for your wishes to be granted. On the same video they interviewed someone and said "You lit up and fly the lanterns for the gods to hear your wishes but if it falls, it never reached the gods". 

So we didn't do it and just enjoyed watching other people fly their lanterns and somehow just watch some to go down. It was a tradition as tourists go there but a no for us. 

Then it was time to go back to Ximen. 

It was 6pm and we are all tired so we went to our own hotels first then we decided to meet up at Shilin Night Market by 7pm or 8pm.


We did ate some Mushroom, window shopped and ate some pepper pork buns. I also tried Tiger Sugar and I will tell you, it's hyped in Manila. Lol. I tried some Milk Tea that was not popular and they even tasted better. We took home some foods that night because we decided to take our third day as a chill one. 


My Photographs: Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment