Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Paramore Live in Jakarta 2018



When we arrived at 7am at ICE, there are people who are already lining up but still good. We split up, Diana, Ginnie and I lined up for the ticket redemption while Dexter and Harry at the entrance.

So first, we have to change our online QR code for the physical ticket which is cute, btw. So, the ticket redemption booth will open 11am and we are already there at 7am (waited for 4 hours). After 20 minutes, we already got out tickets. 

We transfer on our spot at the entrance, where we met some of the people who Dex, Harry and Ginnie met in Singapore then we also met another Filipino who was beside me all along the whole show (Hi Mariae). 

We were at the entrance line at 11:30am until they opened the venue entrance by 4pm where we were burned up under the sun. Thankfully it didn’t rained and they gave us free water but no bathroom break!! We also did ordered via Grab Food with Mcdonalds but fuck no bathroom break since there were no portalet and we're about to explode!!! Even I was thirsty I can’t drink anymore since I badly need to pee. I even got tan lines just by lining up and we are already messaging the promoters so we can enter the venue early but nothing. 

Since they already posted instruction that open gate will be at 4pm where there is a very good air condition plus food stalls, bathrooms and the merch booth but they did let us in about 4pm then waited again and have free time to retouch, do make up, eat some food and lined up on the restroom then they let us in the pit at 5pm (waited 5 hours and 30 minutes just be at almost-barricade). 

Dang it. When we got there, I thought everything will be okay like we can literally stand there and wait patiently but while waiting for the show to start until the end of the show, we weren't able to have a mini-personal-space as in people are just pushing towards the front the whole time.

While we are waiting I literally slept for a few minutes even Mariae and Diana was able to take a nap while standing and not bothered if we are going to fall since we are in front and people are pushing us there’s no space to fall. Lol 

Kotak was the opening act and it was a local band and we literally didn’t understand a single thing but we were amazed on their performance but I really wish the vocalist have a guitar, so she will not just air-guitar the whole time. It was fun though we were hyped up for the main show. 

Then it was time for Paramore.

After the Manila show, I’m really looking forward to be dancing with my friends just like how we did in Manila but with no space really it was hard. Maybe its ok if we are really in barricade but were not and people are in front of us too and we don't want to push them or else they will crash. The worst, girls are the one who are not stopping on pushing, as in. 

Same setlist and I was able to sneaked in my camera since Diana have a big bag. Hehe and fck it, I got good shots!!!! 

The good memories are:

  • Hayley saw me no doubt in that with Steal my Sunshine on my hair how come she will not recognize her own hair dye? Lol
  • There are moments where I believe she looked at me in the eyes while she’s there standing in front of me singing. :( 
  • I was literally at the middle right in front of her. (For the 2010 and 2013 show, I was always on the opposite side of Taylor. I told myself that if ever I'll end up on the side it should be on Taylor side but guess what, I was in front of Hayley!!!)
  • I got good photos and videos but audio is not as good if you are near the stage

The bad ones: (I can totally rant with everything but I’m just keeping it simple)

  • No personal space. Come on, no one will be stealing our spot just for the people at the back to be in front. We are good runners and we got friends and we will make that waiting game worth it.
  • We weren't able to dance freely - no space!! 
  • The crowd was freaking wild! I watched couple of live on Youtube but I don't see them pushing each other when they already got the spot. 

I can go on with all my rants but the root of it all was the space and girls who never end up on pushing, that's just it.

I watched different festival and artist on Youtube but never in my life that I will experience first hand where people will be picked up by security to be out of the crowd since they passed out. 

The first five song were intense. 

Crushcrushcrush was at the first five song and there was this girl beside Diana who was complaining even before the show starts then suddenly she was just “I can’t breathe” while she was just making her way to the barricade then she got picked up by security. 

Actually when Grudges started to play, I’m not sure if I will be able to hold myself up to finish the whole set so I did not really dance hard first since I also needed some air to breathe and calm myself, we waited for hours and I’m not going to let myself break down. Dex, Harry and Diana don't even have enough sleep and Harry wasn't feeling good since he got fever and waiting under the sun is also not good for him but we all know how to calm ourselves and we waited and we deserve this spot. Thanks to the security who was distributing water mid-show! 


Re-watching my videos and comparing the Manila show and Jakarta;

Manila crowd: We love you Hayley!! …. Return to your seats!!!! 

Jakarta crowd: ……. Hayley, water please! 


I was again being emotional when they sang Misguided Ghost and really tears in my eyes when 26 was played. Tears plus sweating, not a good combination. Lol 

I wish there were more small talks but when that girl started the pulling out by security in front of Hayley, they know that this crowd was wild. Taylor even rushing fixing his guitar while Hayley was started to do small talk but you will notice they are rushing to end this because there are couple of girls who are passing out the whole time. Even the one who was in front of us earlier that day was pulled out nearly end of the show because she passed out hanging on the barricade.


No space! We can't even properly raise our hands because for sure you can never put that arm down since, no space!!! 


Misery business came and if the girl in front of me, V (I think) wasn't in a Still-Into-You UNIF jacket then maybe I was able to do MizBiz. Lol

That moment when Hayley said “YOU” pointing at us but I knew it was V who will be picked up but really, I died a little and was stunned. I wish I was able to do it since I can be on stage, sing and hug and say hi to everyone on stage and to the crowd. At the same time, I don't want to since I will not be able to finish the whole set in front. 

The show went well, we are all dead hungry and thirsty and can't even walk properly after the show but it was fun. I'll do it again if ever but I’ll be much prepared. Hahaha. Though my friends said that they will not do it again in Jakarta. Hahaha

V, the one who was chosen in MizBiz was somehow in front of us too when we are lined up inside and she asked me if that’s Adora the MizBiz girl and told her yes. I was telling this to friends and Dexter said that my reply should be “and you will be next” lol as if we know!! 

(Silently fan-girl moment when I saw Adora and we have common friends now but we weren’t introduced properly. After the show there was a chance and a picture but dang so tired) lol 

After the show, I literally lost my friends and with signal being jammed, its hard to contact everyone. Mariae and I sit on the gutter while waiting for the others and after maybe an hour? We are complete. 

What an experience, it was my first time to be in front and to experience a wild crowd. 

And that's the Jakarta show.  


My Photographs: Paramore Live in Jakarta 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment