Thursday, August 18, 2016

FYI, I'm A Girl . After 3 years with RT



It's been 3 years when I first purchased my Real Techniques brushes that all started with the Travel Essentials then the Core Collection, Starter Brush Kit, Expert Face Brush, Stippling Brush, Silicone Eyeliner Brush and the Retractable Bronzer Brush. 

They're my first ever set of brushes since I hate sponges and after reading reviews and watching bunch of videos about them, I'm sold. 

Until now I love using these brushes but one thing that I noticed ever since I got it was the handle. Three years ago, I know that I will have a problem with the handle later on and it's my current problem. 

sticky handle

The black on the handle is now sticky I'm not sure is it just because the way I store it or because living in a tropical country, we usually have problems on how to maintain a material that was used on bags, shoes, etc. 

I can still use the brush I just don't like it when the handle is being sticky. RT released the Bold Metals but I already find it a bit expensive for its individual price. 

I still recommend this brushes for first timers. It's a great brush but I'm looking forward on upgrading it maybe later this year and I'll make sure that I will never have a problem again on the handle. 

I may still keep it since the handle is the only problem, the brushes are still so good to use. Or I'll try the alcohol magic on it so I can still be happy with it. 


While typing this post I already search for solution on this issue and before publishing this I already did wiping the black part with alcohol and thank you to fellow brush lovers because it really works. Now I'm not sure if I'll get a new set. Haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment