Saturday, June 13, 2015

On Repeat . Last Hope

Last Hope by Paramore 

There are many post for the past two years that was inspired by this song and this will be the first time that I will put this song on "On Repeat" post with so many reasons why. First, I've been thinking to get a tattoo representing this song; Second, it helped me to go on with life even there are so many fucked up moments around; Third, it was so good on their live shows and hopefully, one day when Paramore comes back here or if I chase them somewhere else I can hear this live for myself because why not! Fourth, and so on and on. So many reasons. 

I put it under On Repeat but basically this is another tattoo post. 

Sara's tattoo

I've been planning to get a tattoo about this song and I was debating with myself if I want "Its just a spark but its enough to keep me going" then Sara Scoggins (who wrote this) got "its just a spark" while some got the title itself. Writing the Future tour was announced and when they said that this will be the end of the Self-Titled era, I knew that I need to decide. Took me months to think on what part of the song and where to put it. I searched for some people who got a Last Hope related tattoo for inspiration then my choices got an additional. I was choosing between "its just a spark", "its just a spark but its enough to keep me going" and the title of the song "Last Hope" and even the band name. I don't want to get a band name because I think its unfair to all of the bands that I listened to so I skipped the Paramore idea. 

I asked for a scheduled day from my tattoo artist a week before because I really want to get the tattoo before May 25th (US) because it will be the last date on tour and I want to get it before closing the Self-Titled era. 

Two/three weeks before I already have a final decision and I know that I'll get "Last Hope" but I need an icon or a thing that represent the "spark". I searched for a light bulb, a firework tattoo, drips, abstract paint that's so near with yellow and orange color and the last thing was and always be a star. Then I saw the perfect star. 

the drips means that sometimes we were almost at the edge to lose hope and I wanted a yellow star to represent the spark that keep us to go on with life. 

Where to put it? The last two tattoos that I got was on my back side and I think I need something that I will be seeing this time and its been a while since I'm begging for a new reminder tattoo and since its Last Hope I know that I need to put it on my wrist because its easy to cut but with this reminder it will be prevented. I'm not suicidal but there are tendencies that's just sleeping inside all of us.
 You can never tell.

May 21, 2015
Yep. I also want the font from the album though it was not the same but close enough. 

I'm so happy and so in love with it. 

Thank you Igin and Pao. :) 

When we listen to a song, it can be the same for us or not but if you have time just listen to any version that I will be posting below but its better if you listen to all of it. 






I don't even know myself at all
I thought I would be happy by now
The more I try to push it
I realize – gotta let go of control

Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen
So let it happen

It's just a spark
But it's enough to keep me going
And when it's dark out, no one's around
It keeps glowing

Every night I try my best to dream
Tomorrow makes it better
Then I wake up to the cold reality
And not a thing is changed

But it will happen
Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen

It's just a spark
But it's enough to keep me going
And when it's dark out, no one's around
It keeps glowing

It's just a spark
But it's enough to keep me going
And when it's dark out, no one's around
It keeps glowing

And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to
It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore
And the blood in these veins isn't pumping any less than it ever has
And that's the hope I have, the only thing I know that's keeping me alive

Alive

Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen

Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen
Gotta let it happen

It's just a spark
But it's enough to keep me going
(So if I let go of control now, I can be strong)
And when it's dark out, no one's around
It keeps glowing

It's just a spark
But it's enough to keep me going
(So if I keep my eyes closed, with the blind hope)
And when it's dark out, no one's around
It keeps glowing

Ahhh
Ahhh
Ahhh
Ahhh

Ohhh
Ohhh

No comments:

Post a Comment