Saturday, July 16, 2022

Palawan 2022 . SEPANX

 Palawan – May 23-28, 2022


Currently in the office and I’m not sure why I don’t want to write a conclusion of my last vacation in Palawan. I already did the day by day post but I know I want to conclude it with something like this with some realization or just the general thought with that week. I’m not even sure how this will go.


I was anxious prior to my flight since anything may change last minute and I just want to fly out to Palawan after years. 


Been in Palawan for years and if it wasn’t because of the pandemic, I’m not sure how many times I will be back in there for the last 2 years.


So good to visit my home away from home though through the years there are already changes but nonetheless it still feels like home.


Prior to that week let’s add the weather as a reason to my anxiety as rainy season has officially started. I’m like “of course, it is raining in Palawan when I visit” because it is always gloomy and rainy when I’m there. Lol


Gem told me to fly before the 24th since that will be the day that we are going to El Nido. I’ve been to El Nido in 2014 and 2015 and guess what, it was also gloomy and rainy that last 2 visits. Hoping that it will not rain this time, I pray that hopefully it will not but then they said that it has been raining every afternoon the last couple of days.


I never knew where we will be staying until we get there that day and I’m surprised. 


-


Spoiler alert, it NEVER rained that hard when we were in the island. It drizzled for a good 5 minutes and after that the sun was up again. We are in the middle of the ocean when we spotted dark clouds that we rushed back to the island and I joked, “that’s the El Nido, I remembered”.


I never appreciated El Nido before and I can just brag to you that I’ve been there twice but this time, I can brag about how beautiful it is. This is the first time that I witnessed how beautiful the rock formation, the island and how healthy it is with some endangered animals we spotted living in the island freely. 


I was living in the moment the time we were there. I wasn’t thinking about anything at all and the day will just pass that we just eat, swim, relax all day.


I keep on repeating to myself that I will not see this kind of view on a daily basis that’s why I’m so thankful for the experience. 


I can’t believe that after 2 years of lockdown I will be witnessing this kind of nature and I will be able to travel again. Out of the country travel is still on hold because I’m not ready yet and it is expensive. Lol 


I deserve that vacation and indeed I enjoyed it. 


Do we all want that kind of day where you will not think of anything just eating, relaxing and distanced ourselves to the toxicity of the city. 


I wondered somehow how the current politics will take effect on that place. 


As much as I miss that island / beach life, we all got to be back on our own reality and hopefully someday be back on that island and have a stress free days.  

 

Most of my photos that will be uploaded soon on my Tumblr doesn’t give justice to what I saw with the naked eye, it’s so far from it all. 


Hopefully I can be back in Palawan again soon or maybe to another city or province that I haven’t visited yet. 


If you want and can travel locally or you are from somewhere in this world, kindly put Palawan on your bucket list. 


~


I was asked by somehow recently on how was my Palawan trip and I can’t believe that it’s been 2 months since then. Major sepanx. I can’t even tell how was it without show the pictures even it will never even do justice with the real deal. 


El Nido has been in my mind if I’m feeling stressed out.


Today is one of those days. I miss the stress-free-life in the island even for the locals I know it is different. 


Hay..



My Photographs: Palawan / El Nido

 


No comments:

Post a Comment