Friday, September 11, 2020

Missing

 


I’m so bummed that it is already ber-month and we are still like this. I can’t even remember how early of this year feels like or even just the normality. 


Early this “quarantine” I already accepted that we all needed some break from normalcy just to give some attention to what was usually taken for granted. It’s been months with no major changes, no concrete plans on how to handle such situation and as they are selfish as they are, I’m already lost in this kind of reality. 


I look back on what really happened in my last 6 months and starting to compare it if ever life went by with the life we’re used to. 


6 months and counting was and will still be somehow taken away from all of us. My plan for this year was, meet Lhea late March and have a nice La Union trip before she leave. Travel with Gem to another foreign country for the first time. Maybe I will finally do another solo trip. Watch concerts. Wait for new concerts in Manila or somewhere in Asia just to find a way to travel. Go back to Taiwan because I really love there. The rest of the time will be staying in before traveling again. Maybe I was able to visit extend family as well. Maybe accomplished my 2020 goal. 


What really happened, staying in for 6 months and maybe for the rest of the year, was able to spent time with family. Enjoying grocery trip, getting used on wearing mask and now face shield in public which I still find awkward but every one is required to. 


I miss impromptu meet up with friends. Staying in home court until midnight and enjoy the midnight jeep trip. 


I miss observing people in public places. 


I miss commuting. Jeep trip, bus and train rides. 


I miss going to MOA from hometown just to meet Gem. 


I wish we were able to meet up as soon as possible when Keith needed us. 


This is why I go out from hometown once in a while before. Staying in is also so exhausting at times. I’m a home buddy but if it’s too much I also want to explore somewhere then just go back at the end of the day. 


I never taken my city travel for granted that’s for sure. 


I never taking being at home for granted as well. 


It’s just that this pandemic and current reality is so exhausting. 


Though I’m thankful for this current time where we can talk on social media, still do virtual hang out with friends but of course we all know the difference. 


Some things are just unacceptable for the past months and I guess we just have to accept that. 


Few things I hate during this time are people who doesn’t have an inch on consideration in life. Before we don’t know if a person is going through something personal but compare to now, we are in a middle of pandemic with no concrete plans on what to do, people lost their jobs because of selfishness and most of us are adjusting with this kind of life. Survival it is and I get it you do your job to get paid and think of your family but there’s more beyond that. I’ve seen people who gives and I’ve seen people who are selfish. Some people ask for help but if you ever asked please don’t expect too much in return, we are all being affected by this. 


This is really life changing situation which can affect future growth and personal decisions. 


Never aware this kind of event happened before and now we are living in it and hopefully we will still survive this time. 


Hopeful to be able to travel again soon, not wearing of mask in public and face shield. 


I wish it was easy to have that lunch or dinner date. 


I miss the usual.



09.04.2020 / 02:09


No comments:

Post a Comment