Friday, April 04, 2014

On Repeat . The Only Place

The Only Place by Best Coast

A whole album can have different interpretation when it comes to the writer, singer and to the listener.

I think this was on my repeat post because literally, I've been so up all night, mostly missing the usual, being uncomfortable at some things and while random thoughts are striking. To be a distraction, I make it to a point that I watch or re-watch an episode of any series that I want mostly it was Mind Games and NCIS.

I choose this album because as usual, the lyrics of each songs says it all but it doesn't have to be with a boyfriend or partner in life right? Its my current jam, relating to each song and remembering some stuff. Let the other songs speak for the title or lyrics itself.



The Only Place - This country is such a mess so I understand why people leave. Sad at the same time but you just have to accept but I believe there's no perfect place on earth. And whatever you say, I grow up here, this is home no matter how messed up this place "This is the only place for me". Never stop me from asking "Why would you live anywhere else?"

Why I Cry - there are playing gods around us and I hate them so much but there's one thing that they probably will never know "You seem to think you know everything | You don't know why I cry"

Last Year - "One day you will be gone | And then I'll write another song"

My Life - "My mama's right, I don't wanna die I wanna live my life"

No One Like You - "No One Like You"

How They Want Me To Be - I love the title itself and the lyrics are perfect. This song is just saying that you can be yourself all the time. Don't follow whatever they want for you. You can do the right decisions and if you fall, stand up. 

Better Girl - "You gotta keep me away from what they say about me | Cause I want to be a better girl"

Do You Still Love Me Like You Used To - "I have no reason to complain"

Dreaming My Life Away - "We fell asleep"

Let's Go Home - Home is the place to be. Always. "When will I go home? | Home, let's go home".

Up All Night - I'm up most nights that's not new but its different for the past month and I'm trying to fight the urge to go back to the usual day. I don't know what should I do first, what to sacrifice, how long this could be, where's the light at the end of the tunnel? "So here I am I'm still alone, I'm still awake, still afraid | I don't know what day it is 'cause I've been up all night | I don't know what week it is | 'Cause I've been up all night".   


BEST COAST ALL WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment