Sunday, January 15, 2017

Singapore - Kuala Lumpur


This has been my first out of the country trip and it was nerve-wracking. Haha. I mean the planning, budgeting and the fact that I want to visit every tourist spot and new discovery for people to wonder where was it and how was the experience.

Before I post my daily blog from my 5 days trip, I want to post this first since those 5 days post will just include our scheduled here and there and just few side comments. Like on how I did prepare on this very light travel yet I was able to bring bunch of items and on how we able to plan this for months and the budgeting.

And I don't even know where to start. Haha.

So this SG-KL trip was originally planned since January 2016. I purchased the tickets by March 2016 where Cebu Pacific had a sale and our MNL-SG plane ticket cost just Php 2,000. We decided to purchase a one-way ticket first since the SG-MNL for December 23 cost Php 13,000 already and we are very hopeful that it will be discounted if there will be sales but it didn't until late August. I think I do check the price of SG-MNL for that date every week and no it didn't change and I know that because it was Christmas season that's why it's pricey.

One more option is Kuala Lumpur. I think it was Gem who mentioned that and I start to research on how can we get from SG-KL but of course I also have to check the airfare of KL-MNL for December 23 and upon checking it's half the price of SG-MNL. I purchased our return ticket probably August 2016.

If you are following celebrities, bloggers or any person on your timeline that loves to travel Singapore shouldn't be a strange country anymore. Majority of the tourist spot already appeared on your feed but one thing you don't know is the real struggle on how to get from one place to another.

I don't even know how the bloggers can fool us by not sweating much while having their OOTD even the weather is too hot. Nothing against them I just admire them and their efforts because it's no joke.

Major tourist attractions in SG were too common and this deserve to see once in a while. You can go back maybe 5 or 10 years later because they probably don't change much in a year or two. Of course it also depends on your company and to your purpose to be back there.

Visiting SG was a smooth experience since Nikka was already there for almost a year when we get there meaning we can just crash in their place and never think of where to stay. Haha.  (we were able to save up for that too)

She also borrowed and load up some MRT cards for us to use so it will be no hassle on traveling. She also booked us a day trip to USS. Singapore is no hassle because she already fixed most of our trips and we don't need to search on how to get from one point to another. Although if I'll be back there I'll probably be lost. Haha

Kuala Lumpur was different. We don't know anyone and no one has been there. I did the research on that but at some point I fail since I wasn't able to see the Bukit Bintang where the street was full of street foods (reason to go back). Haha. And I know that 1 1/2 day in KL is not enough to explore the whole city.

Anyway, my main goal is to be in Batu Caves, Petronas and Chinatown and there still a lot of things to do in KL. I did the research like reading blogs, getting familiar with their mode of transportation most especially the train. Make sure to read a lot of travel blogs since it will be helpful to know the different opinions of people who have been there already. Take down notes on a little notebook so you will not depend on your gadgets.

I was surprised that I almost travel with two bags but I'm still getting to the light travel mode. Haha. I salute Gem for just having a backpack and a mini sling bag. Speaking of bag, bring a sling bag where all your essential will be kept like passport, handkerchief, phone, etc. It's easier to access whatever you need most especially at the airport and while roaming around.

Budget. I'm not really sure on how much I did spend for the SG-KL trip but for sure I didn't spend more than Php 30,000 and that doesn't include the air fare and the Airbnb. I can spend less for the whole trip but the struggle of buying "pasalubong" is real. Haha. I now understand why some people who visit another country and they don't have something for us who was waiting for "pasalubong" because it's hard. You don't want to miss some people but at the end you still missed a few. And some people will say "Keychain/chocolates/ref magnets again" yes it's too cliché to bring those home but if you can get some deal of 6 Keychains for S$10 that's a steal. Haha. Now I understand it more. So if you want to bring home a lot of "pasalubong" to your huge family and officemate had a budget for that alone because the struggle is real. Haha it's like Christmas season that you don't want to forget one person so make a list! Haha

I also realized that converting will not happen at all times. It will sometimes most especially if you are going to shop or if you will be exchanging currency but when you are going for food/transpo you will never convert as long as you have much money of that country in your hands. Sometimes I think it's cheap because most of it was S$10 or RM6 like seriously just two digits while here it will be three. Haha. Unless you are traveling on a budget or you want to take down every expense then do it for yourself. Haha. I'm not down to that and I will not be able to help you with that. For me, bring as much as you can since it's hard to be short in a foreign country.

Having experience of traveling to Palawan and Romblon for the past years, I really learned to pack light. I just brought bunch of light shirts since I know it will be hot in there and don't afraid to recycle clothes most especially shorts/pants/socks because who cares if you are repeating clothes but be sure it's not as obvious. Haha. Unless you really want to dress up then go, don't be a light traveler. If we will travel for cold countries, I know I will never be able to travel light. Haha.

Air fare are cheap when you don't have check in baggage but we make sure that we do have a check in baggage when going home for (duh) "pasalubong". Haha. So if people had a vacation please don't expect "pasalubong" anymore! Haha. And the hassle of checking in baggage is real too!

I don't know if I make sense in this as an introduction to my day-to-day blog for SG-KL since I'm already lost from that trip. I avoided to write every night or when I have thoughts in mind asap but hopefully there's a little information that you got from me. You can ask me anything regarding with this trip or maybe advice for traveling and I'll try to give the best advice I can.

For most people who leave this country to travel, going back home is sad. Yes, vacations are over and all but we need to get back on our daily lives and for sure you will miss being at the comfort of our own country as well as friends and family. That's why while on traveling mode be sure to indulge every moment and enjoy it. Geez we literally breath in a lot when we get out of the plane. "Manila air" you will miss it too. Haha.

Being a stranger in a foreign country is a very nice experience but being lost is a different story. Haha.

We can be jealous of people who have the capability to travel locally or internationally but believe me all you need to do save up and plan that trip. We need it for ourselves and not for anybody else. Life is too short not to explore a new city/country and I'm sure you will fall in love with the idea of traveling.


My Photographs: Singapore / Kuala Lumpur


Book that trip and enjoy. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment