Wednesday, August 28, 2013

FYI, I'm a Girl . Real Techniques or EcoTools


I never mentioned it before but I think it was late June when I started to purchased a Real Techniques Travel Essentials. I really wanted to buy some good brushes that are not too expensive yet very convenient to use and worth every peso because I tried this ELF powder brush, its cheap but it doesn't do the job and I don't want to buy a MAC brushes and its a bit expensive for me. I saw the post of Carina about her Fiber Duo set and I got curious about it because I haven't heard about Real Techniques before. I searched on Youtube until I watched video reviews about RT brushes and of course the video tutorial of Samantha Chapman on how to use her brushes. Thank you to Carina for posting where she bought those brushes because I think I become a regular RT customer of Carefree Shopper. Hehe.


Right now I'm a little bit upset because I should've get the Core Collection to be followed by a Starter Set  instead of the Travel Essential but then going back to that day I just wanted an all around brushes and the Travel Essential was perfect because there is for eyes, foundation and blush (Domed Shadow, Essential Foundation and the Multi-task brush).


When I first got it, I was amazed. Its super soft and very easy to use. It distribute the products very well into the face. You might find vloggers said exaggerated reaction with these brushes, well you can't blame them because you really need to see these babies in person because just like perfume you can't smell it when you are just reading blogs and watching reviews about this. Go ahead and get some of this! 

Days go by and I'm getting more curious about the other brushes and I started to watch RT video review and I can't decide if I should get the Core Collection just because I want the Buffing Brush (hahaha) or not then I discover the Expert Face Brush. I ordered it 1st week of August and I'm just so lucky that when I decided to buy it, there's only 2 left.

and this is my number 1 favorite. You can use it on powder, blush and contour. It's an all around brush.


I wanted to give my sister some brushes too so I let her choose between the Real Techniques Starter Set or EcoTools Eye Essential Set since she is an eye person. She chose EcoTools Eye Essential Set.

A little sacrifice, I bought it first than my supposed to be next purchased of RT (Starter Set and Stippling Brush). Since there's no EcoTools on Carefree Shopper I ordered it at Kalm Cosmetics they have RT brushes too. I was thinking if I should order some ET too because I want to try it so I added the 5pcs Starter Set together with the Eye Essential Set. I want to get the Eye Essential Set for myself but I got doubts and I canceled it. I told myself that I'll see first how it looks like then I'll order again if I loved it but if not then I'll go with the RT Starter Set. 

Eye Essential Set and Starter Set






Good thing I cancelled that. I was monitoring the stocks of Carefree Shopper for the RT Starter Set and last week, we don't have internet for dayssss and I was worried that the last 3 stocks will be gone then we went to a mall and I abuse their wifi. Hehe. I check the site and daaang "Only 1 left" and I hit the "add on cart". Hahaha. And added the Stippling Brush I told myself that there are gazillion ways on how will I send the deposit slip even we don't have internet at least I got it. Luckily the next day the internet was fixed. Hehe

this arrived last Saturday and I'm loving these so far. See my RT brushes are getting big!


I hope you are enjoying this because we come to the end and what's matter most so here it is.

Review: based on my opinion.

As being honest as I am. I didn't like EcoTools. Yes its nature friendly but for me, its not good and the brushes are not soft. Even though I just have the RT Travel Essential, I know and I saw how it blend the eye shadow in my eyes and how it works with the blushes and concealer. I think I only like 2 out of the 6 brushes: the concealer (well, even this don't blend the concealer, I just use it for applying concealer then I'll use my essential foundation for blending) and the lash and brow groomer. The Eye shading brush doesn't blend or shade very well; the angled eyeliner brush is okay and the blush brush doesn't pick the color very well, it does but when you tap it the blush was gone too.  I have nothing against EcoTools but I think I will not re-purchase. I don't know how was the Eye Essential Set since my sister haven't used it but I'll ask her if its good when she started using it. Again, this was my opinion.

Get the Real Techniques!!! if you are a starter who wants to have her first brush set then my advice for you is to get the Travel Essential but if you can get Core Collection and Starter Set together then get it first than the Travel Essentials. The Fiber Duo is not necessary so forget it even though its limited edition. Real Techniques are so good because they do the work. 

Tips:

Yes, EcoTools is cheaper than Real Techniques but for me, it doesn't work nicely.
If you're not professional like me and you want to invest on a good quality brushes then get some  Real Techniques. I prefer their set like if you're an eye person then get the Starter Set (recently, I've seen Starter Set 2.0 without the accent brush and I don't know what's the idea behind it), if you're a foundation type then get the Core Collection (there's also a Core Collection 2.0 and they remove the detailer brush on that set) if you are on a tight budget you can get Travel Essential where it covers everything you need. But I highly recommend Expert Face Brush and the Stippling. 

Kalm Cosmetics, Thank you for being so nice even though I cancelled one of my reserve orders.

Carefree Shopper, thank you for your nice website because its easy to order and thank you for being so nice and for the fast transaction every now and then. Who knows when I'll join your Sephora Haul. Hehe. Round of applause to JRS too for being awesome. :D

So, its up to you on which brushes you want to buy. If you have questions, let's talk on the comment section. 


"With simple tips and high-tech tools, every woman can be an expert" - Samantha Chapman


No comments:

Post a Comment